Quarter One report cards may be viewed on ParentVue and StudentVue. If you do not have your log in information, email Carrie Phinney at cphinneypendletonsd.org or call 541-429-7900.
New CDL Grading Policy
Nixyaawii Community School has made some changes in their grading policy for Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL) due to the prolonged covid pandemic. Below you will see a revised grading scale and some of the highlighted points for the change. If you have any questions regarding this change please call Mr. Heinrich at 541-429-7903 or email rheinrichpendletonsd.org.
- Grades are awarded based on the following scale:
- A = 90-100%
- B = 80-89%
- C = 70-79%
- D = 60-69%
- Incomplete = 59% and below
- ALL STUDENTS WITH AN INCOMPLETE WILL BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE UP THE WORK TO RECEIVE A PASSING GRADE BEFORE THE END OF THE NEXT QUARTER (January 15th).
Reasoning behind the change:
- The pandemic/crisis has lasted longer than expected.
- Our traditional grading practices are not appropriate to equitably and accurately capture, and record student learning.
- Social Emotional Impact is greater than we could have anticipated for all of us.
- Families are overwhelmed more now than ever before. We need to manage the workload given the current stress states for all of us.
- Everyone has done the best they could to make this work and we continue to find ways to support our students and families.
- Equity: The resources and support students have access to are not equitable and we currently have no way to ensure all students are on equal ground. (ex. Internet access, internet access outside of live instruction, parental supervision and support, adequate physical location to do work, etc.)
Note: Other sports and activities eligibility policies remain in place.
Eastern Promise (external link)
Smarter Balanced Assessment (External Link)
Nixya'awii Community School supports Promise Oregon (external link)