In consideration of staffing challenges and health concerns due to the public health threat of coronavirus, Governor Kate Brown announced last night a statewide closure of Oregon K-12 schools from Monday, March 16 through Tuesday, March 31.
Per the Governor’s directives and with the support of the Oregon Department of Education and the state’s Early Learning Division, during the closure:
- School districts are directed to develop plans for returning to school that accommodate ongoing impacts of coronavirus. Staff should utilize the final two days of March to finalize plans for operating schools under updated measures, with students expected to return on Wednesday, April 1.
- Districts are tasked with developing plans to continue nutrition services during the closure.
- The Oregon Department of Education will examine the impact the closure will have on instructional time.
- School districts will ensure adequate cleaning supplies for increased cleaning protocols following the closure.
- The Early Learning Division will support child care programs and will work to identify resources to support child care needs for our most vulnerable families, as well as health care professionals and first responders.
To read the entire press release: https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORED/bulletins/280e897
Our school district will be providing further communication. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this unprecedented situation.